Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Vietnam : Day 5 - Vinpearl Land

We had one extra day at Nha Trang. But there was nowhere to go. My friend W said we would go to the market ... hmn .... we couldn't be spending the whole day at the market, could we? So I decided to go to Vinpearl Land, a theme park located on Hon Tre Island, just off the coast of Nha Trang. Apparently, everyone else was interested ...

So off we went to the travel agent opposite our hotel ... and we paid VND795,00 per pax for entrance. It was inclusive of transfer from hotel, cable car, and all the rides at the theme park.

Vinpearl Land is no Universal Studio or Disneyland. It's certainly not as nice. Despite that, Vinpearl Land was enjoyable and I did have a wonderful day there.

Paradise Cable
Access to the island by cable car

The cable car transported us from mainlain across the sea in 15 minutes .... I enjoyed the ride. It was kind of exciting to ride over the sea. Great 360 degree view. 

There were many rides at the theme park. We did not have to wait that long for each ride as the crowd was just not big. I rode the Giant Sky Chaser, the Pirate Ship, Mine Adventure. My friends tried the Sky Drop and the Roller Coaster. But for all of us, the best ride was the Alpine Coaster. 

Compared to the rest of the rides, we had to queue quite a bit for the Alpine Coaster ride. So we sat in a coaster, secured ourselves and the coaster would pull us to the top of the hill. Then came the fun bit because we had to control the coaster when it slid down the tracks downhill. The view was splendid because we could actually see the sea from the tracks. Then there were many sharp bends along the track .... and I was screaming away as I slided downhill in my coaster. Fun. I wanted another ride ... but did not want to wait another 40 minutes in the line. Heh. 

Colourful Vinpearl Land

There wasn't much to eat at the island. Much food was sold out at the food court. C and I merely ate an ice-cream each. 

My friend, W's lunch

After lunch, we watched the 4D show. Honestly, I fell asleep during the show .... heh .... the story did not engage me at all. 

We also visited the King's Garden, which was an animal park ... 

View of the Giant wheel from the animal park ...

We watched the bird show ... and then proceeded to walk around the park. There were quite a number of animals .... like giraffes, rhinos, bears, monkeys, birds, and so on. 

 Ostriches

Majestic white tigers

Next to the King's Garden was the Blooming Hill .... and there were 5 domes here, each containing specific flowers and plants. 





The landscape here was also beautiful. 




I enjoyed the ride in the Giant Wheel ....

Each cabin was air-conditioned .... and the view was beautiful! I could have gone in the wheel for a few more rounds ....

Next, we visited the aquarium ...  



And then went for a few more rides on the Bumper Car,Balloon Tower, the merry-go-round, and the music express. Finally, we ended the day by watching the musical fountain.

5 songs were played for the water to dance ... 

Us at Vinpearl Land 

We took the cable car back to the mainland, and then took a taxi back to our hotel. We dumped our bags and went out quickly to search for our dinner. C and I hadn't eaten since breakfast!

Drip coffee 

Premium beef pho 
I found the cut of beef a little tough, but the noodles and soup were delicious! 

We went to the night market again ....

Loving these iced lollies! I had the jackfruit flavoured one! 

For our final night in Nha Trang, we  checked into the New Sun Hotel. We stayed in Room 302. There was a king-sized bed which pretty much took up the whole room, so there wasn't much space. The wall plug was spoiled so I could not charge my phone by my bed side. Because of that too, we could not use the bed side lamp and the room was pretty dim. The toilet and bath were separated by a glass wall, a modesty curtain was provided though. Heh.

C and I set our alarm clocks at 3.00 a.m. We were going to the beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...