Saturday, June 30, 2018

DAY 10 / DAY 1 : KUL - ICN

Well, at first, I had intended to extend my stay in Amsterdam, for at least a week. There were some pretty awesome places that I wanted to visit, like the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum. We conveyed our intentions to our travel agent but somehow we never got back any replies from them. Up till today, we do not know the reason why our request was never being taken into consideration ....

So anyway, since there was plenty of time left of the school holidays, I decided to find another destination to go to. I was just browsing around, and I happened to see that the flights bound for South Korea were pretty affordable. And South Korea is a country that I've always wanted to visit, since I loved K-entertainment so much. So I asked whether my friend ME wanted to go with me, and to my surprise, she agreed. Heh. That was in April. 

So I booked the flights, planned the itinerary and booked the hotels .... and off we went on our journey. Unlike my trip to Japan, this time around, I wasn't as worried as I would not be too illiterate. I was able to decipher Hangul phonetically, and having watched K-entertainment so much, I would be able to understand a teeny bit of Korean.

My party arrived in KLIA from Amsterdam at about 3.30 p.m. We waited quite long for our bags ... and after that, my 5 friends and I went on our separate ways. 3 were coming home to Kuching, and the other 2 were going to Penang. So that left me alone, and I made my way to KLIA2.

Fried kway teow with salted egg from Nanyang Food Garden
An expensive plate of mediocre fried kway teow .... but I was hungry so I finished the whole plate.

At this point, I was feeling rather uncomfortable. My last shower was early morning the day before. I tried to freshen up at the toilet ..... But after that, I still felt horrible. So I went to Plaza Premium Lounge and used the shower facilities there. 30 minutes use of the shower cost RM30.00. It was really money worth spending, as after I'd have a hot shower and hair wash and a change of clothes, I felt so much better. Now I was ready for the next leg of my journey to Seoul. 

My friend ME flew from Kuching to meet me at KLIA2. Her flight got delayed and she only arrived about 10.30 p.m. We printed out our luggage tags quickly, dropped our bags and then went in quickly to the departure lounge. We did have plenty of time as our flight was scheduled at 1.05 a.m. 

The flight to Seoul Incheon took 6 hours and 30 minutes. I got an aisle seat and because we sat at the back of the plane, the aisle space was larger in the Airbus A330-300 aircraft. It was also rather cold in the plane. I had 3 layers of clothing and that wasn't enough .... had to wrap my scarf around myself to feel better. I also managed to sleep on and off throughout the flight. 

We did not purchase any food nor drinks throughout our flight; though by the time we wanted to buy a hot drink, we were informed that "the cart had been closed". Heh. 

We landed in Seoul at 8.45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...