Wednesday, February 6, 2019

I Made Kimchi!

My colleague M had been making kimchi and bragging about how easy it was to make it. She'd encouraged me to make my own .... and even given me a cup of Korean red pepper flakes and 1 Tbsp of fermented shrimp.

I used Maangchi's recipe and well, it turned out pretty good. Everyone who'd tried it had liked it.

Red pepper paste

Cabbage - salted and washed 

 Bottled

I left the bottled kimchi to ferment for about 24 hours .... and then transferred them to the fridge. 


Dried oyster porridge and kimchi

Kimchi, egg omelette and Korean fire noodles

 Cooking kimchi jjigae 
I think my kimchi jjigae was yummier and more elaborate than the ones served at Seoul Garden here in Kuching .... 

After I made this batch of kimchi, I liked it so much that I went to the supermarket to buy myself a big packet of Korean red pepper flakes .... so now I would be able to make my own kimchi whenever I feel like it! 

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...