Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dreaded Phonecalls

When I’m on holiday, I try not to think about work, or anything related to work for that matter. I really dread it whenever I receive a phone call from school. There is surely nothing good when the school contacts you.

This holiday I’d received 2 calls. One was an enquiry about some work that I left behind for the temps to complete during the holiday. The other call took place today, and it left me a strange feeling in the stomach.

My Senior Assistant called this afternoon and informed me that I’d been appointed Senior Assistant for Form 6 at my school. The appointment came from the State Education Department, and with immediate effect.

I can’t help but feel a little bit weird about the position. Senior Assistant for Form 6? What does it mean? What do I have to do? What does the job entail? Anyway, I looked up the Internet and read that I was to be more or less a manager for Form 6 affairs.

Actually, I was already a manager of sorts of Form 6 last year. I was the “Guru Pengurusan” or teacher-co-ordinator for Form 6, and I handled everything related to Form 6. This year, the role was given to someone else, and I was put in charge of Form 5. It so totally left me bereft, as I am so totally bent on helping Form 5 this year.

So what now? What am I to do? I am really expected to change my bearings pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...