Thursday, June 4, 2009

Banish

Every time I am near you
My mind
Like having a will on its own
Meanders from where I am
To another realm
Where fantasy takes its root

How I long
To be with you
To lead a life beside you
To love and cherish you
And to have you love me too

Yet that dream remains
A beautiful picture
Painted by the impossible dreamer
Beyond the reaches of an ordinary existence
For in reality
You are you
And I am me
We are but two strangers
Living separate lives

Why do I only have to look at you
And my heart yearns
I try so hard
To shut away the feelings
But fantasy always entices me
Draws me to a point
Where I struggle
To grasp the wisps of reality

So that long after you have gone
My heart twists
Aches with a dull throbbing pain
That no remedy can cure
I shrink into my shell
Absorbed in anguish and torment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...