Monday, August 8, 2011

Buying Oranges Part II

At the Krokop Wet Market again ....

I saw some oranges. They looked rather fresh. The sign in written Chinese said "Sweet Orange", RM1.50 per piece.

Looking perfectly alright,
firm and fresh

So I grabbed a few and dropped them in the plastic bag that I was given. When I got home, I was shocked to see the other end of the oranges ...

What the ... !!!!

It was probably my fault for not taking the time to select the oranges. RM1.50 per piece? For a blemished orange? No way!!! Mom could get one of those at RM0.50 per piece!! What a rip-off!

I vow to be more wary of the shrewd fruit sellers at the market.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...