Monday, August 15, 2011

My First Encounter With Polvoron

Polvoron. Sounds like a character in the Harry Potter series, doesn't it? Lol.

Anyway, Wikipedia says that polvoron is a type of heavy, soft and crumbly Spanish shortbread. Well, I've never come across any polvorons in my life till my friend gave me these tiny treats she brought back from the Philippines. Thanks, W**.

After eating them, I found that the polvorons were indeed crumbly, and they had this melt in the mouth quality. They were very sweet, guaranteed to satisfy any sugar cravings!

The polvorons came in a variety of flavours,
packaged in cheerful colours

Among the variety that I got to try, I liked the classic polvoron in which had a buttery flavour. I also liked the cashew polvoron for its nutty taste. One that's unfamiliar to me is "Pinipig", which I later found out to be some sort of rice puffs. Interesting, eh?

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious.I like biscuits with rich buttery taste.

    By the way, I went to Little Vietnam. The Beef Hofan was really yummy. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob. Glad you liked the beef nudles ;)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...