Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Two Cents : SSH & KTH In Taipei

After watching clips of SSH's interaction with the media and with his fans in Taiwan, I want to give him credit for being so obliging.

Wherever he went, he was mobbed by screaming fan girls and not forgetting to mention, even some aunties ;). He patiently smiled and waved, shook hands and entertained request after request for his autograph. And there were not just one or two requests. There were so many at every place that he went!! For instance, in one of the clips, the reporter commented that he took more than 10 minutes to walk the short distance from the airport entrance to the departure hall because he was signing as many autographs as he could along the way.

At the official press conference and also at the fan meet, I could feel his sincerity as he fielded questions asked by the hosts. I have no doubt that what he said all came from his heart.

There was a gap of 10 years since his last visit to Taiwan. So, it is my opinion that he did not want to disappoint his fans who had waited for a whole decade for him to come to the shores to Taiwan. Who knows when he will get another chance. 10 more years?

Anyway, this all reiterated with what he said in one of his interviews about feeling "a sense of responsibility" of doing what he does. And throughout this trip, it is evident that he puts his fans first, to oblige them as much as he can.

Kudos to SSH. I truly believe that you are a very NICE person, and I respect you as an A-list celebrity.

Leaving Taipei 08.08.2011 ...
(Credit as labelled)

I can't say the same for his fellow actor, KTH, however. She embarrassed herself by claiming that it was her first trip to Taiwan when it was her second. She seemed to have wiped out the first trip completely from her memory! Video clips too have shown her charging ahead at the airport. The comments made by reporters were tactful, speculating that she could be tired. But I thought she was behaving in a rather arrogant manner, and I am very perturbed by it. Hey, she's supposed to be a really nice person too. What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...