Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Other Day In KL ...

I took so long to finish recapping my trip to Bangkok ... because right after I came back, I got distracted by a Korean drama called Doctors. I only watched it after my friend told me about it ... and then ... heh .... I got hooked. While the story had flaws, I enjoyed the acting and the interaction between the great-looking lead actors. So much so that I was so tempted to attend their fan meetings in KL in mid-October. If only those meetings were held on weekends, I have would attended.

Ever since then, I've watched a few of the older K-dramas, marathoning most of the time; and I am currently kind of impressed with actor Lee Min Ho. I thought he was all looks and no substance .... but heh, I judged too quickly. He was not bad an actor at all .... and I am currently enjoying his latest offering, Legend of the Blue Sea.

Last Deepavali break, I went to visit my nephew Berry in KL ... and of course took the opportunity to go shopping too. I did not buy as much as I normally would. Having bought lots of clothing from Bangkok the other day, I refrained from buying any in KL. Instead, I was shopping around for bags, shoes and other accessories.

Well, I bought a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet in Dec 2010 with only 2 charms. It cost me near RM700 at that time, and I thought it was really pricey. In Dec 2012, I added another charm to my bracelet. Though it's been so many years, my bracelet still look like brand new. I hardly wear it often at all, keeping it in my drawer most of the time.

Recently, while going through my collection of blings, I found myself falling in love with the bracelet all over again. While everyone seems to be buying and wearing a Pandora, my Thomas Sabo charm bracelet seemed to be more unique.

Hence, this trip, I added another charm to my bracelet - I opted for a kiwi bird, to represent my alma mater. This charm cost RM219. Expensive, huh?

I bought a pair of shoes which I wanted to wear to Japan in December (my next trip!!).

And I bought Mamonde. And so, South Korean celebrity Park Shin Hye - the leading actress of Doctors - was really beautiful and likeable by many, and she endorsed many brands. One of it is Mamonde.

While I was shopping at Midvalley City on Monday, there was this Mamonde Roadshow. Mamonde was recently launched in Malaysia (and Park Shin Hye indeed made a special appearance at One Utama for this big event in mid-October!!), and so I lingered to get a free sample of its popular product, the Ceramide Cream. Then I thought I'd buy the Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam (RM49) since mine finished and I was currently just using  a random brand bought from the pharmaceuticals.

Then there is this boy going by the name "Rain", who was promoting the Ceramide range of products and also the honeysuckle essence .... and he was so passionate about the products that I bought into it and splurged on the whole set. It cost me RM435.

Such was the selling power of Park Shin Hye. Sigh. 

Can't wait to use the products though .... I'd dream to have Park Shin Hye's beautiful skin. Lol.

Food wise, hmn .... I didn't eat much. Bro and I were both on diet at times. Lol ...... but anyway, I did eat 2 yummy ice-creams ... 

My favourite matcha soft serve from Nana's Green Tea, now available at the top floor of Midvalley Mega Mall ... 

Godiva chocolate ice-cream
This tasted really fantastic! Creamy, chocolate-y, not too sweet, and so satisfying .... Best of all, there was a Buy 1 Free 1 promo the other day, so we got 2 ice-creams for RM22.85. I'm still thinking of it even today .... 

Bro did bring me to eat at this yummy Yong Tau Foo place at Salak Selatan .... I think it's called Fatty Mok Yong Tau Foo Restaurant. We just ordered a small bowl to share, since we were ordering rice and dishes .... 

Yong Tau Foo in clear soup ...
There were many types of stuffed tofu and vegetables to opt for ... and I liked the soup (tasted of anchovies!) and the accompanying chilli and sweet sauces. 

The other dishes were good too! 

 Lemon chickecn

 Stir-fried Kailan

Fish Head Curry
Not much of fish, but the accompanying ingredients were really good! Loved the crunchy vegetables and the rich taste of the curry broth. Real good to eat with rice.

Well, I'll be leaving for Japan soon ... will update when I get back! :))

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I had been addicted to Korean drama series recently too. My current addiction is Pinocchio by the same leading actress from Doctors too. Have you watched W? I liked the story-line but I was disappointed with the ending though.

    Siaw Tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I intend to watch Pinocchio after my trip; I've watched ep 1-2 of W and can't decide whether I should go on ... Lol! I've got so many I am looking forward to watch - like the upcoming Goblin - because I've always like the actor, Gong Yoo; and I also want to watch the upcoming web drama 1st kiss for the 7th time! Also looking forward to Kim Woo Bin's movie Master ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siaw Tan @ dailysnippetsoflife, I need to tell you that I've watched Pinocchio and find Lee Jong Suk so charmingly cute. Am currently watching W!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...