Sunday, July 24, 2011

Buying Navel Oranges

At Krokop Wet Market ....

I saw some navel oranges on display. Small in size, but they looked fresh. The price seemed reasonable, at RM1.50 per piece.


Vendor : Come ... come ... *Handing me a plastic bag*

Me : *Select navel oranges*

Vendor : These are from Australia, very juicy ... Those *pointing to the bigger and pricier oranges on display* are from USA. Do you want to try those?

Me : *Shake my head and continue to select oranges*

Vendor : These are very fresh too ....

Me : *Finish selecting oranges*

Vendor : RM6.00

Me : *Pay, pick up plastic bag and get ready to go* Thank you.

Vendor : These are slightly sour.

Me : ?!?!?

Hmn. Why did he not bother to tell me in the first place? Shrewd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...