Sunday, July 17, 2011

Station One Cafe @ Bintang Plaza Mega Mall

Station One Cafe is new in town, located at Bintang Plaza Mega Mall. Today, I went there for the first time. It was about noon, but my friend and I did not feel like having anything heavy. So instead of rices and meats, we ordered some snacks to share between the two of us.

First up, we had the Hawaiian Pizza (RM18.50).

Hawaiian Pizza

Well, it looked good, enough to share among 4 persons. I could smell oregano as soon as the pizza was brought to us. And no wonder, cause I could see oregano flakes sprinkled over it.

My slice of Hawaiian Pizza

The topping consisted of a tomato base, chicken, pineapples and cheese. Taste wise, the topping was a bit on the sweet side. I did not like the bread, in which the texture was a bit crumbly.

For me, it felt like eating one of those mass produced frozen pizzas that I could easily buy from the supermarket. And to charge RM18.50 for it is ridiculous.

Next, we had a Tuna Croissant (RM8.50).

Tuna Croissant

The croissant was filled with a tuna mayonnaise, cucumber and tomato. It tasted alright, except that I did not really like the croissant, which I thought was over-toasted. As a result, it became dry and flaky. That buttery taste, so pertinent in a good croissant, also did not came through.


Certainly not as terrific and delectable as they claimed it to be.

Finally, we had Meatball & Mates (RM11.90)


At least I could taste chicken in the tiny meatballs coated in a sweet and sour sauce, served with some sort of bread. I'm really not sure whether it's supposed to be garlic bread or not, cause I could not taste any garlic nor butter on the bread. Instead, as I bit into it, I caught an annoying whiff of sweet-smelling aroma. Vanilla? Not sure. But it reminded me of low-quality margarine.

Thank goodness my friend liked her Hot Honey Lemon.

Hot Honey Lemon

While I decided to go for the signature Yestea.



Yestea

I'm not sure whether it's freshly brewed or not because it tasted suspiciously like one of those Green Tea products that came in a packet or a can. You know, like one of those ...

Pay RM5.50 to get the kick out of watching "the bubbles float to the top". Lol ... anyway ... I thought the food here is mediocre, and yet sold at unbelievably cutthroat prices. Not sure you will agree with me, but check it out yourself ;)) Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I will run a mile from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wouldn't write it off totally yet, cause there are still stuff I would like to try, especially the main courses. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...