Saturday, July 30, 2011

Enterprising Students

We had a jogathon this morning, and my students took the opportunity to raise funds by selling burgers.

They did everything by themselves. And I'm so proud of them for being so independent. They bought all the ingredients - buns, chicken patties, eggs, veges, sauces and wrappers. They borrowed a skillet, stoves and gas cylinders. They started cooking as soon as they got to school at 6.00 a.m. Many pitched in to help. By the time I checked on them at 6.40 a.m., they'd finished chopping the cabbage, and slicing the cucumbers. Some were deep-frying the beef patties, while others cut the buns, spreaded margarine on them, and proceeded to toast them on the skillet. Some other students helped by assembling the burgers and wrapping them them up while a few were in charge of selling.

Cooking ...

Burgers for sale ...

The burgers sold really well, and the kids made a net profit of RM258!! Well done, kids! I'm so very proud of you.

2 comments:

  1. Nice sharing. It reminds me of what I did with my students three years ago. I made and sold fried crullers with my students. Sheer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried crullers sounds interesting. My students enjoyed themselves tremendously making and selling those burgers too!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...