Monday, July 18, 2011

Teachers' Day Dinner @ Park City Everly Hotel Miri

On Saturday night, I attended the district level dinner at Park City Everly Hotel. The food? Hmn ... I knew from previous experiences that the food here was not really something I would look forward to.

This is the menu.

The menu

And this is the menu translated into pictures.

Double Hot & Cold Combinations
There was a meat roll, and a sweet & sour jelly fish salad.
The meat roll tasted alright, but it was slightly soggy.
The jelly fish tasted strongly of Chinese parsley.

Cream of Sweet Corn with Chicken and Crabmeat Stick
The soup was a bit too starchy.

Steamed Talapia in Special Chef Sauce
I think everyone liked the fish the most. The sauce was sweet, spicy and piquant. Not bad as it was served on a steamer, and that kept the fish hot.

Stuffed Whole Chicken With Assorted Mushrooms
I found the taste of herbs in this dish delightful, but I wish it could be served piping hot.
We had it lukewarm, and that sort of spoiled the whole dish.

Braised Homemade Beancurd with Dry Scallops
Scallops? Where?
This dish was forgettable.

Stir-fried Three Types of Vegetables with Sambal
We found the vegetables to be overcooked.

I did not take pictures of the the fruit platter but I assure you that it's just ordinary. Of course at RM30.00 per head, what do I expect?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was there too. Haha...how come I did not see you? Happy Teacher's Day...belated or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ... our table was hidden by a large pillar ... :) ... happy teacher's day to you too

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...