Saturday, July 16, 2011

Homecooked Donburi

"Donburi" means bowl in Japanese. At the same time, it is used ubiquitiously to refer to cooked rice with toppings served in a bowl. It has garnered a lot of popularity now, and various types of don are served in cafes and restaurants.

Since 2 weeks ago, I've been diligently cooking my own dinner. They often consist of white rice, and a stir-fried dish to top the rice with. Hence, my own home-cooked donburi! They are simple meals, but they are yum because the flavours are delicate - no msg, no spices, and less oil! *Psst* I'm not a health freak, ok? It happens that all I have in the larder are soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. ;p Lol. So I tend to just use those when I cook.

For my donburi, I use a lot of chicken breast meat fillets. They're easy to clean and takes only a jiffy to cook. Previously, I really do not like to eat chicken breast meat fillets. But now, I really don't mind so much. Chicken is chicken, after all. ;p

So these are some of my donburis ...... not the Japanese version, for sure. ;p

Chicken in Light Soy & Egg

Chicken & French Beans Stir-fry

Chicken and Surimi Stir-fry & Baby Romaine lettuce

Baby Bok Choy & fishballs with a bit of minced pork on the side

French beans & tomato chicken
Mom would tell you I hate French beans. Well, I really did not like French beans before this. I'm not really sure why I have taken a liking to them now ;p.

Best of all, it takes me only 20 minutes to prepare a dish. Sometimes, where there's a lot, I store them in the fridge and heat them up for the next meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...