Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sanga Japanese Restaurant

The girls went to Sanga Japanese Restaurant for a meal last night. It was my first time at this restaurant, but my friends had eaten here on a few occasions and they loved the food.

Well, there were no rules to our dinner, so we ordered whatever we liked to share among us. We had ...

Edamame (RM5.00)
The edamame was sprinkled lightly with salt, to enhance its flavour ...

Chuka Wakame (RM 6.00)
Very, very small serving ....

Unagi Maki (RM6.50) & Salmon Maki (RM6.00)
I loved the presentation ... beautiful isn't it?
There weren't enough of wasabi and pickled ginger to go around ... so we had to ask for more. Though they kindly obliged, it was kinda a pain to ask ... I'd rather have jars of those stuff on the table where I can freely help myself to them

Unagi Fried Ricea (RM17.00)
The fried rice was fragrant and flavourful, with a small piece of unagi on top
I thought this dish was expensive

Salmon Head (RM10.00)
Salmon Head was on promo that night. Its usual price is RM12.00.
The salmon head was yum, except that there wasn't much to eat. Very skinny head. Lol.
They were also a bit stingy with the Teriyaki sauce, and we had to asked for extra servings of the sauce. The Teriyaki sauce was rather thick and gooey, and it reminded me very much of the sweet soy sauce that my maternal grandma used to concoct.

2 foreign items that we ordered - foreign because they were supposed to be Korean. Lol ...

Kimchi Fried Rice (RM15.00)
My friends loved this, but I could taste nothing beyond the saltiness that permeates. I couldn't really "get" the flavour of the Kimchi in the fried rice. So this dish wasn't so great for me.

Kimchi Soup (RM10.00)
It was the same thing with the Kimchi Soup. The soup was quite thick and it had chunks of chicken thigh fillet in there. But, again I did not get the flavour of the Kimchi.

Well, what I love most about Sanga is that they really go all out with the garnishing. Very pretty presentation, but I guess taste wise, there were some hits and misses for me. Do give it a try, you may like the food here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...