Sunday, March 16, 2014

Feeling Loved

The other day I was feeling pretty unwell. My throat was sore and my whole body flushed with slight fever .... and my kiddies noticed. The next day, very early in the morning, I was presented with ....

 A flask filled with soothing freshly-made lime juice, and home-grown lemons .... 

Then later on, they gifted me with this pack of toasted ham and egg sandwich which they had purchased somewhere ... 

 Toast with ham and egg ... 

And at lunch, too, I was presented a pack of rice. 

Lunch 

And I was of course, very touched, by the warm thoughts of these kiddies. Thanks a lot. These are a little things that have kept me going as an educator.

2 comments:

  1. i am impressed! my wife is also a teacher. not once has she been gifted with food like yours! guess she must have been a bad teacher. LOL! keep up ur good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your kind words; it's this particular batch of kids that i'm close with ... not all of them are like this! of course i will need to reciprocate them with goodies from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...