Sunday, March 23, 2014

Irresistable

AT's favourite chicken rice shop was Country Chicken Rice. Very cheap. He would invariably be there daily for lunch. It was automatic, he said. He just had to go there.

So that afternoon, we headed there for lunch .... his nth time for the week. Normally, he would not even have to place his order, for the workers all knew what he wanted to eat! But today since I tagged along, he had to go and change the order a bit for my sake ....

The rice
The rice was soft but not soggy. In fact, it was loose and fluffy and lightly flavoured. 

Steamed chicken
I loved the smoothness of the chicken, and the fragrant sesame and soy sauce that coated it .... 

Roasted chicken breast 

Roasted chicken drumstick ... 
The roasted chicken was also yum, with crispy skin and all 

I loved the hot soup served with the rice ... especially when it was herbal chicken soup. The faint herbal taste of the soup was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...