Saturday, January 15, 2011

Golden Beach Roasted Anchovy with Honey

I'm a person who needs to snack. Cheezels. Twisties. Pringles. Lays. Chachos. Tong Garden. Whatever it is, you name it, I'd love all of them. One day, at the local supermarket, I came across the Golden Beach Raosted Anchovy with Honey.

Yellow - Golden Beach Roasted Anchovy with Honey & Sesame Seeds
Red - Golden Beach Roasted Anchovy with Honey, Extra Spicy Flavour

I bought one packet without hesitation. And once I'd tried it, I went back to buy more. Lol. Soon after, I recommended it to my friend, and she too got addicted. Both of us literally bought the store out. After that, we could not seem to find this snack anywhere here in Miri.

Well, Golden Beach Roasted Anchovy is manufactured in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. So perhaps it hasn't been widely marketed here. I bought some from Ngiu Kee Centrepoint in KK last September when I was there. But last week, I found it being sold at Ta Kiong Supermarket. I was so excited that I bought 5 packets at one go. Each 70g packet costs RM3.90. It's really not cheap, imo.

So why do I like it so much? Well, it's crispy, slightly sweet (cause it's honeyed) and spicy - tastes something like Satay Fish, if you know what I mean.


Once I start eating, I can't stop. Lol. Well, Golden Beach Roasted Anchovy comes in a few flavours - original, sesame seeds, extra spicy, and also curry. Do try it if you can ever get your hands on a packet or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...