Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Taste Bak Kut Teh

It's been raining forever in Miri!! Hence, nothing beats a good bowl of soup to warm the stomach up. On a cold day such as this, A**** and I headed to Good Taste Bak Kut Teh, located at Centrepoint.

What I like about the Bak Kut Teh here is that you can pick the type of meats you prefer in the herbal soup. You could have pork ribs, pork belly, lean meat, or any offals you like such as as kidney, intestines, livers and so on.

Today, I ordered a mixture of pork belly and lean meat in my soup. I was lazy to eat ribs, and I did not really like offal.

My serving

Besides the meats, there were other ingredients in the soup. There were button mushrooms, black mushrooms, beancurd sticks, tau pok, and a leaf of lettuce.

See the pork belly slices ... ;))

The soup of course was really tasty, and the taste of herbs wasn't too overpowering. And because it was served in a claypot, the soup was tongue-burning hot. Love it!!


I also love to eat the deep-fried crullers dunked in the soup. At Good Taste, the Bak Kut Teh is served with onion rice.


Today, I found the rice slightly hard. However, if I poured lots of soup over the rice, it was downright edible.

Lunch was sure a hearty affair today ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...