Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Mom's Birthday 2016

It's Mom's birthday, and I baked her a Sicilian Orange Cake. I used Nasi Lemak Lover's recipe ... and the cake turned out really great! I was really happy with it, and it boosted my confidence in baking.

The cake turned out great! It was dense and yet not hard, very fragrant because of the orange rind :)) 

Today, I used her exact measurements, except for the sugar. Instead of 200g, I used 150g of castor sugar. Still, I found the cake a tad sweet, and would reduce the the sugar content a little bit more the next time - probably to 130g; however, I do not know whether cutting down the sugar would have any impact on the texture or taste .... hmmmn ... does anyone have any idea?

Anyway, Mom liked the cake .... so did my colleagues when I shared with them some. Happy. ;))

I brought Mom and Dad to Chef At Home for dinner that night ... I'm glad I did because the folks enjoyed the place, the service, and the food. Of all the dishes we ordered, I enjoyed the Caesar Salad and the Aglio Olio.

Fresh vegetables and balanced flavour ... yums ... 

Aglio Olio
Al dente pasta, very aromatic and flavourful, served with beef bacon 

We also had the Pan-grilled fish with garlic butter and the mixed grill ... The meats were tasty and the portion was generous. The price was reasonable .... and the folks are already talking about coming back ...... 

Anyway, Chef At Home is opens from 4 pm and is closed on Tuesdays. Will be back. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...