Monday, July 31, 2017

Mount Singai & Siniawan

I've not been to Mount Singai for quite many years .... I can't even remember when I last went. AL had never been there before somehow. So on a whim, we went there after coming back from Annah Rais. Heh. Well, we did not attempt the summit. I think we were all too unfit to do so.

All we did was climb up the staircase trail that took us to 228m, where the church was located. We took about 30 minutes to complete the stairs, huffing and puffing along the way. The steps were rather steep at places, but there were plenty of resting areas thankfully .... so we rested till we were ready to climb up again.

There were 14 such crosses along the staircase trial ... 

A viewing platform just after the 12th cross ....

View of below from the platform 

The church was currently under renovation 

Grotto of Our Lady

Going down the steps were painless as compared to the climb up, and soon, we found ourselves back on lowland ...

Coconut drink to reward myself after the climb ... 
There were a few stalls near the parking lots .... our coconuts cost RM3.50 each ... I enjoyed scraping the flesh to nibble on ..... :)) 

Next, we headed to Siniawan Old Town for dinner .... 

  Lovely at dusk .. 

 Oyster omelette 
Teochew style, wet omelette was rather tasty ....  

BBQ Pork & Char siew
I thought the char siew was tastier than the BBQ pork

 Cangkuk manis with longevity noodles
This did not look like much, but it tasted alright .... 

Char kueh
I quite liked the flavour of this dish .... I thought the egg tasted good and I liked the bits of chopped preserved radish embedded in there .... 

BBQ stingray 
The sambal had lots of dried prawns in it .... so it was nice to nibble on over our beer and gossip ... 

It was a really fun day .... we'd been out for 13 hours - bathing in the hotspring and the river, visiting the longhouse at Annah Rais, walking up the stairs at Singai and finally dinner at Siniawan. :)) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...