Thursday, February 1, 2018

Tooth Extraction

01 Feb 2018. Today at 3.35 p.m., I am one tooth short. I'm so sad.

It happened when I was in Sri Lanka. My tooth ached real bad when I was in my third or fourth day of the trip. I took painkillers, but the pain persisted. It later went away, so that even when I'd come back home, I did not immediately go and see the dentist. Until my gum got swollen one weekend, and I was forced to go and see Dr. Wong.

Bad news. Dr. Wong said that my tooth had an obvious crack and could not be saved. She advised me to extract it. Meanwhile, she gave me antibiotics for my gum infection.

Today when I went back to her, she confirmed that the tooth could no longer be saved. She proceeded to extract it ... and the process was faster than I thought. It took only about 30 seconds and the tooth was out.

"Done?" I asked her. I thought it would take longer ..

"Yes," she confirmed.

I am now considering dental implant. Dr. Wong said I could do it after 6 months and gave me the contact for Dr. Tay. I would call Mrs. Tay for appointment - 019-4391021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...