Monday, October 11, 2010

Darn Broadband

My broadband speed sucks, so I'm not actually in the mood to blog now. My average speed is only 35 Kbps. That's appalling! It's not even 10% of the maximum achievable data connection speed of 384 Kbps. And it's not just today that it's happened. It's been like this forever. In a month, there are only a few days that I can watch videos on YouTube smoothly. Other times, it lags and there are plenty of things I can't do.

Since I get less than 10% of the speed I'm promised, I should be paying only 10% or less of the subscription fee. That means, instead of RM68.00 per month, I should only pay less than RM6.80. Lol. If you could calculate it like that.

It certainly hits a sore point, when I see the particular service provider aggressively marketing its broadband, especially when I strolled along the malls during the weekend. Bintang Plaza Megamall. E-mart. Imperial Mall. They're selling everywhere! It's all right except that they should guarantee reasonable speed consistently.

Urgh. The more I write, the angrier I get. It's darn frustrating, and I have to seriously think about switching providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...