Friday, October 15, 2010

Pampering My Legs

My legs have been aching since last week, and I think I know why.

Last week was PMR exam, and it happened that I was on duty at school. On an important week like that, it was my responsibility to ensure that school was orderly, and noise was kept to a bare minimum.

It meant that I had to make my rounds more often than usual. It also meant that I had to stand for 40 minutes during recess to keep watch. In the classrooms, it was no better. It was Trial examination for the Forms 5 and 6, and school policy dictates that we have to invigilate actively. That meant no sitting down.

Hence, my legs got sore. This week was equally hectic, with me trying to get my work done. So, there was a lot of rushing here and there, up and down the stairs. For several nights now, I find myself rubbing my legs with Deep Heating Mentholatum to relieve the muscular pains in my leg.

Tonight, W**** and I went to do reflexology at Yi Kang Reflexology Centre, just opposite Dewan Suarah here in Miri. Business was really good there on a Friday night, and there were lots of people calling to make bookings.

Tonight, an elderly lady massaged my aching toes, feet, calf and knees. It was painful, but my muscles were loosened, and I felt much better after the reflex. 40 minutes seemed just like a while, and it cost RM29.40.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...