Wednesday, October 6, 2010

iPhone 4

When it launched in Malaysia, I was in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I watched on my hotel room TV, the long queue of people lining up to be the very first iPhone 4 owners in Malaysia. Well, I thought. I was in no hurry to get it. After all, I had been waiting for a year since iPhone 3GS was out of stock when I wanted to get one last November.

On the following week, the urge to own a smartphone got the better of me, and I drove to Jalan Perry near the Post Office here in Miri, where I thought Digi Centre was. To my horror, it was not there anymore and I had no idea where in Miri it had moved to.

That night, I searched the Digi website and found out that Digi Centre had relocated to Centrepoint, near Standard Chartered. Lol. Since when had they moved? And so I headed there the next day.

The lady who served me was quite amiable. She informed me kindly that the phone was out of stock, and that they were waiting for another shipping, and I could have my iPhone when stocks arrived. She was not sure, however, when they would arrive, but she said they would probably get them later in the week. I decided to make a booking, and she took down my name and contact number.

The weekend came and went and I did not have my phone yet. So I dropped by Digi Centre again on Monday, just to make another round of enquiry. It paid to have former students working there, and they told me that the stocks had arrived that morning itself, and the Centre would be selling the phones on the following day, that is Tuesday. But since I had made a booking, I could get the phone there and then! Yayy!!

There was no hassle at all. I filled in a couple of forms to change my mobile plan and paid for the phone, and that was it! I was ready to go high tech ;p!

It's been 2 days now, and well, I must say that iPhone is fun. There are plenty that people can do with it. I've downloaded some apps to play around with, and the great thing is that I'm learning lots of new things every day. Today, for example, I learned how to create custom ringtones via iTunes. It's fun!

There are lots more to learn and tinker with on the iPhone, and I just can't wait to explore them all! For now, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...