Monday, October 4, 2010

Power Party

I was invited by my friends to attend the Shell Centenary Gala at Kelab Rekreasi Petroliam @ Lutong on Saturday night, with the theme "100 Years of Powering Progress Together". It was a grand event held at the outdoors. There were canopies being set up though, and decorated in Shell's trademark yellow and red.

The large field was illuminated with huge lanterns bearing the Shell logo. I found it to be quite quirky.


The night was hot and humid, and we sat al fresco. We had a good view of the stage too, so we could enjoy the big names lined up for the live performances. As soon as we sat down, food and drinks were served. There were bottles of mineral water with its distinctive labels. Then there were free flow of can drinks and iced cold beer.

The food was not that great but it's totally understandable, because they needed to cater to so many tables. The live performances were great, all of which I enjoyed lots. But of course, I must say that I enjoyed the fireworks the most.

As I sat watching under the dark sky, it seemed like it was drizzling colourful sparkles. How magical!!


Anyway, Happy 100th, Shell!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...