Saturday, October 16, 2010

Food & Tea on a Rainy Evening

I was at Food & Tea the other night, and it was raining so heavily that I desired something hot. And hence, it was Claypot Ginger Sliced Beef Porridge that I ordered. Honestly, it was the first time I had beef in my porridge.



See the crackers topping the porridge? I hated that. I failed to inform the waitress that I did not want crackers. Why? Because obviously the crackers were not not depicted in the menu. I went back to carefully examine the menu, and in the pictures, the crackers were sprinkled sparsely, but the porridge that came had a handful of of deep-fried salted popiah or wanton skin (not sure) over it. So what is there left to do but to move those to the side of the pot.

Taste wise, the porridge did not disappoint. The porridge itself was savoury, the beef slices tender and the ginger added heat. It's not bad at all on a cold rainy night.


The girls also decided to try Sweet and Sour Crabmeat with Mantou. There were five deep-fried miniature mantous served. They were quite standard. The dip was indeed sweet and sour, but the girls thought it tasted more like a mixture of ketchup and chilli sauce more than anything else. Hence, the girls gave this item a thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...