Thursday, October 14, 2010

Teaching? Or ...

It has been a crazy few days, and there are endless tasks that I had to look into daily. By the end of each day, my legs ache and I am totally drained.

Today, for instance, I worked at my To Do list conscientiously, trying to cross out more, if not all the items in the list. And then I have come to realise that none of those things in my list were related to teaching and learning - my CORE business.

Now, let's see. These were what I did :
  1. Organise presentation of souvenirs and certificates for students during the morning roll call
  2. Collect testimonial forms for students and KIV
  3. Update namelist of recipients for upcoming Speech Day
  4. Photocopy and distribute list to relevant personnel
  5. Print vouchers for upcoming Speech Day
  6. Update namelist of participants for SDI (Sarawak Development Institute) dialogue
  7. Draft cover letter and attach namelist to be sent to SDI
  8. Nominate recipient for Curtin Excellence Award
  9. Draft letter to be sent to Curtin
  10. Search for index numbers for upcoming MUET Speaking examination
  11. Group the students according to index number
  12. Deliver to the list to the invigilator
  13. Call neighbouring school to borrow cultural costumes (but with no success)
  14. Edit emcee script for upcoming cultural night
  15. Print and photocopy script
  16. Look for students and provide suggestions to amend programme for cultural night
  17. Draft letter to ask for funding from the Education Department
  18. Draft action plan to attach with letter so that I will get my funding
  19. Clear my desk!!!
  20. Attend support staff meeting
  21. Supervise rehearsal for cultural night
  22. Draft committee for convocation
  23. Calculate funding for convocation
  24. Draft academic committee for 2011
Phew!! Mundane. But does it look like I'm an event organiser, an administrator, a clerk or a teacher?

1 comment:

  1. Everything except a teacher...*sigh*
    That's the life of a "teacher" :P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...