Friday, December 23, 2011

Assam Laksa @ Laksa Shack

Shopping at Sunway Pyramid on a weekday was fun. It wasn't that packed with people, and many of the shops that I wanted to go to were there - namely Clarks, Scholl, Bega, Daiso and others.

So after we busied ourselves shopping, my friend wanted to have a meal. We went to the Laksa Shack.

The menu

Frankly, this outlet looked a bit shabby already, and the tables and chairs looked a bit worn. I ordered a lime juice and an assam laksa.

Lime Juice
It tasted like cordial. I did not like it at all.

Assam Laksa, RM9.90
Thick rice noodles in a sour and spicy fish gravy. There were juliened cucumber, pineapple, onions, chillies, a lime and mint leaves to garnish. There were mackeral chunks in the gravy too.

The Assam Laksa was rather ordinary, not something I'd die to go back for. My friend said that they did not increase the price, but they cut down the portion. It was now about 2/3 of what they used to be. I agreed with her that the portion was extremely small.

And so, for my next trip, my quest should be to look for the best Assam Laksa. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...