Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thai Dinner @ Mango Chili

Near my friend's house is Giant Kinrara, and we headed there for dinner. The restaurant of choice was Mango Chili. It's somewhat like a Thai fast food restaurant, where a selection of common Thai dishes were available.

I ordered a Chicken Phad Prik Set. "Phad" means stir-fry and "Prik" means chilli. So this dish is a concoction of stir-fried chicken with chillies. The set meals comes with mango salad & rice.


Chicken Phad Prik.
The Phad Prik was spicy and sour. There were chicken slices, onions and fresh birds' eye chillies which provided the crunch. The use of aromatics such as lemon grass and lime leaves enhance the flavour. The mango salad was tantalising too. It was refreshing, yet sour and spicy.

You could have an add-on for RM3.90, for a bowl of Tom Yum Soup.


Tom Yum Soup
The soup was thick but I actually preferred the clear variety. Taste wise, it was not bad though. There were plenty of ingredients in there, like chicken, prawns and oyster mushrooms.

We also ordered a Som Tam.


Som Tam
There was a choice of mango or papaya. We opted for papaya as we already had the mango salad with our rice. Traditionally, the ingredients for Som Tam is pounded in a mortar. I'm not sure whether they did that here or not. Nonetheless, the Som Tam had all the right flavours. It was sweet and sour, salty and spicy. Rather refreshing it was too!

I must admit that I did not think much of Mango Chilli as I stepped into the outlet. But it did provide a satisfactory meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...