Monday, December 26, 2011

United Buddy Bears @ Pavillion KL

Once I reached the Pavillion, a smile instantly lit my face as I saw so many life-sized bears at the vicinity. Super cute.

View from the top
147 bears altogether from 143 countries!

The Malaysian Buddy bear in yellow reflects our multicultural heritage, our flora & fauna painted by Malaysian artist, Imuda

The South Korean Buddy Bear in blue, red, yellow & white

The Singapore Buddy Bear in red

Eventually, I found out that these were the United Buddy Bears on their World Tour, and Malaysia being its 23rd stop is the first South East Asian nation to hold such an exhibition.

Spreading the message of peace, tolerance and international understanding among nations, cultures and religions in the world, these bears stand hand in hand next to one another. I loved it! Each bear is painted uniquely to reflect each country, so different and distinctive, yet unifying in its message of love.

Ideally, we are all global citizens, and when all people realise that, the world will be a better place to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...