Saturday, December 31, 2011

Making Muffins

"Wanna make muffins?"

Well, I haven't any idea how to make muffins from scratch. The only time I've ever tried to make muffins were when I used a pre-mix flour. A cheat's version. So Mom thought she'd teach me. I insisted on making a banana, walnut & chocolate muffin, and Mom relented.

First, we creamed butter and sugar in the mixing bowl. Then we added 3 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup of cream and the mashed bananas. Next, we mixed the walnut into the flour and poured the them into the mixing bowl and stirred gently. Finally, we folded in the chopped milk chocolate into the batter. This was what it looked like.

The batter

Meanwhile, we heated up the muffin maker.

The muffin maker

Paper cases are lined in each hole and then the batter was scooped into the cup.

All filled up

Then wait for 12 - 15 minutes. Lift up the lid and ...

Ta-da!!

Yummm ... irresistable ...

The muffins were super yum as I ate them while they were still hot! The combination of flavours were just marvelous. That led me to the supermarket to get more ingredients to make another batch. Lol.

Don't ask me the measurements of the ingredients, though. I totally relied on Mom to do the prep!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...