Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nasi Lemak @ Sharon's Stall Taman Tenaga

I spent many years at Taman Tenaga in my student days. My friends and I would have our meals here because we stayed at a condominium nearby.

Even after we have graduated and left, my friend LJ stayed around the area as she was teaching in KL.

We met up the other day, and she brought me to the Taman Tenaga food stalls for breakfast. There's this stall named Sharon's, and on Thursday their specialty is Nasi Lemak and so that was what I had.

We helped ourselves to the rice, spooning the amount we wanted to eat, and then we could pick and choose the condiments we liked.

My plate of nasi lemak

I had some deep-fried anchovies and peanuts, cucumber, a fried chicken and 2 types of sambal. One was sourish and the other was a regular nasi lemak sambal.

Unfortunately, I wasn't very impressed with the nasi lemak, taste wise. The rice wasn't lemak nor fragrant, and the tangy sambal did not really suit the rice. The fried chicken was alright, though.

It was nice to sit around there for catch up, though. Maybe cos I hadn't seen my friend for a long time! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...