Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easy Muffins On Merdeka Day

The first part of my morning was dedicated to celebrating the nation's birthday. I was asked to go to the Indoor Stadium Miri to attend the state level National Day celebration. I was there at 7.00 a.m., but the event only started at 8.30 a.m. I sat for an hour and a half waiting for the arrival of dignitaries. Don't you think it was a waste of time? Luckily I brought along a story book to read.


The finale

As soon as the event ended, I had the day to myself. Yippee. The girls went out again, for breakfast, shopping, and then spent the afternoon playing in the kitchen. Lol.

Baking isn't one of my favourite things to do, but then, I just wanted to attempt making some muffins, after being convinced that it was as easy as ABC.

First up, we had 1/2 kg of muffin pre-mix. This pre-mix was imported all the way from Sibu! W**** had brought it over from her last trip. There were many flavours to choose from, such as orange, pineapple, blueberry and so on. Yesterday, we tried making a batch of blueberry muffins.


Then, we needed 1/2 a bar of butter. If the flour was from Sibu, then the butter was from New Zealand. Lol.


The butter was melted over a low fire.


Then, crack four eggs into a mixing bowl.


Pour the pre-mix and the melted butter and the eggs well in the mixing bowl. Give it a good stir. You can see the tiny blueberry bits in the batter.


Line the muffin trays with paper cups.


Fill up the cups with the batter. We found that to achieve a perfect height later on when the muffins were cooked, the batter had to fill about three quarters of a cup.

Finally, pop the tray in the oven and bake till browned. I think we took 20 minutes to bake our muffins.


We could make 12 muffins from 1/2 kg of the pre-mix.


It was quite fun, and really quick to bake those muffins. Excited by the success, we proceeded to make another batch of pineapple muffins. Lol.

Between blueberry and pineapple, all of us preferred the pineapple muffin which was yummier. I liked biting into the tiny pineapple bits, which burst with extra pineapple flavour. ;) Plus, the muffins were not too sweet, and the texture was quite fluffy. So for amateur bakers, this is one item that you may want to try baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...