Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Merdeka Eve Lepak @ Soho

The girls went to Soho Irish Bar & Bistro on Merdeka eve for drinks and lepak. It was pretty happening there.

The girls decided to go non-alcoholic. One fantastic concoction is the milkshake. This one's called Strawberry Surprise.


Boring old me whose not feeling that well stuck to a boring old hot cup of jasmine tea. Had I been well enough, I'd have a bottle of iced cold beer. Lol.

The girls wanted some finger food to go with the drinks. Nachos were the first item in their list. Well, I pinched a bit of the corn chips & the chilli. It was found to be spicy, with a faint hint of herbs for flavouring, but extremely salty.


The girls also ordered a platter of calamari & onion rings, served with crinkled fries and tartare sauce. The pretty-looking rings were onions. The clumps were the sotong. Lol. The girls did not really like the fried stuff, though they took a strong liking to the tartare sauce. The girls asked for the more sauce, but too bad, there weren't anymore. The waiter gave us some Thousand Island sauce instead.


The next item that the girls tried was the Quesadilla. There were four slices per serving. I kinda like this filled and toasted tortilla, though I could not really make out the filling. It was dark inside the bistro & I could not see what I was eating at all. I could only guess that there were lettuce, chicken, mayo, and perhaps a bit of avocado. The quesadilla was served with a tangy tomato & pineapple salsa, which was quite yum.


Well, the girls had fun catching up that night. I, for one, enjoyed the ambience and the music. The bill came to RM88.20, inclusive of drinks, taxes and charges. Thanks to Girl J**** for the treat ;p.

Would have to go back when I'm fit and healthy again as the grills looked really tempting ;p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...