Thursday, September 16, 2010

No Limits & Unriddle

During the holidays, I watched 2 Mediacorp series, and they both entertained me quite sufficiently. It came as a surprise as Mediacorp series had been disappointing, of late. I did not really enjoy watching the recent series like The Best Things In Life (五福到), New Beginnings (红白囍事), and With You (我在你左右).

No Limits (泳闯琴关) was the first series which I found to be quite entertaining. Well, to be honest, when I watched Episode 1, I had reservations as I thought it would be like Beach.Ball.Babes (球爱大战) which was a real bore. But from Episode 3 onwards, No Limits caught my attention, proving itself to be worth watching. No Limits is about people's struggles to become the best of themselves, and centres around swimming and music. The show portrays how they overcome obstacles thrown in their ways to achieve success.

Pic source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/zh/tv/channel-8/programmes/no-limits-photos.aspx?cp-documentid=4206630&page=13
Felicia Chin as the very determined You Yongxin

In the midst of it, is the Elvin Ng - Felicia Chin - Dai Yang Tian relationship. Geez, halfway through the show, I do not know whether to root for Elvin Ng - Felicia Chin or Dai Yang Tian - Felicia Chin. I thought Felicia Chin is really sweet with both of the guys. But then later on, however sweet he may be, I don't approve of Elvin Ng to be two-timing 2 girls. So, I agree with the Dai Yang Tian - Felicia Chin pairing. Hehe.

Pic source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/zh/tv/channel-8/programmes/no-limits-photos.aspx?cp-documentid=4206630&page=14
Dai Yang Tian is Wang Yule, a really suave cellist

Felicia Chin portrays her character very well, and Dai Yang Tian makes a convincing cellist. Plus, I like the other actresses in the drama like Tracy Lee and the very mischevious and cutesy Julie Tan as Felicia Chin's best friend, Liu Xinyu.

The second drama which kept me entertained was Unriddle (最火搭档). This is a police and thief drama, and the plot is rather complicated. A top cop seems to harbour a secret, and it is not really clear until much later what the whole thing is about. Then, the top cop suddenly goes missing, and I really anticipate the unfolding of the story. Nearly towards the end of the show, it is not difficult to guess who the bad guy really is.

For me, the story only started to pick up at Episode 10 onwards - the part where everyone rushes to look for a girl who was kept in the captivity of a serial murderer really kept me in suspense. Phew! I could hear myself sigh with relief when they found her. Lol.

Pic Source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/zh/tv/channel-8/programmes/Unriddle-Photos.aspx?cp-documentid=4216865

Pic Source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/zh/tv/channel-8/programmes/Unriddle-Photos.aspx?cp-documentid=4216865&page=13

Tay Ping Hui plays the top cop, Zhang Yuze, while Rui En is the efficient lady cop, Hu Xiao Man. Chen Li Ping is a very tomboyish, but well-loved police informant named or Big Pau. Lol. After I watched the drama, eating a big pau seems imperative!

Indeed, I bugged Dad to buy me my favourite Sin Kwang Foochow Big Pau for lunch. The Pau now cost RM3.30!! Pricey, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...