Friday, September 17, 2010

Rice Bowls

I suppose this is a variety of the Japanese donburi or rice bowl dish. It is typically steamed rice served in a bowl, with a meat or eggs or bean curd or vegetable poured over it.

L*** and I had lunch at Double Star Cafe today, and we each had a rice bowl. I had the beef & egg rice bowl, while L*** had the prawn omelette rice bowl, both RM7.90.

Beef & egg

Prawn omelette

Besides the meats & egg, there were also some long beans that garnished the rice. I do like the beef a lot as they were tender and quite flavourful, slightly sweet and savoury. The vegetables added were crunchy and complemented the rice and meats wonderfully.

I think it's not that difficult to make the rice bowls dishes, and I'm thinking of replicating it one day ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...