Friday, September 10, 2010

Thai Beef Salad

Today, I attempted to make salad.

It was because yesterday, I watched a programme on Travel Asia called "You Are The Chef", and the guest Thai chef made a Thai Beef Salad. I was inspired, and so early this morning, I went to Ta Kiong at The Spring to get my ingredients.

I bought coral lettuce, chinese celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, bombay onions and beef slices. For the dressing, I used chopped garlic and chilli padi, shallots, lime, fish sauce and sugar.

Back at home, I rubbed the beef slices with ground black pepper and salt, then I pan fried them. They are then sliced thinly and tossed together with the greens, and the dressing. Pretty easy.

Align LeftPretty, isn't it?

Well, I thought the salad looked quite elegant when I served it on the plate. ;p The dressing was a bit too sour and salty, though. Next time, I'd have to add a bit more sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...