Sunday, April 12, 2009

My School Canteen Sells This

Canteen food. What picture does that conjure in your minds?

Certainly, it's nothing near to gourmet.



This is what teachers and students can buy at my school canteen every day.

For RM1.00, one gets Char-Kueh-Tiaw-almost-kosong, for it comes with a few shreds of cabbage and miserable slices of chicken sausages.

Fortunately, it is pretty tasty being flavoured with spices and soy sauce.

Well, I don't know what other school canteens sell. But I just want to give you masses a glimpse of canteen food at my school, at least. I will be posting some other items on the school canteen menu soon.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. kuey teow kosong reminds me of school canteen food too...Well, I can't expect much back then being a student..moreover the canteen cooks for over a thousand of students/staffs/teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ....canteen food is considerably cheap, so they can't afford to include too many ingredients in their cooking, I suppose. Even now, noodles at my canteen cost RM1.50 per portion. It's unbelievably cheap!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...