Thursday, March 17, 2016

Charcoal Stirfried Foochow Specialties

It's been a while since I have blogged. I've been busy watching Running Man. I'm certainly a late-comer to Running Man. Lol! I never imagined that I would get hooked, but I did. Sigh. It really kept me superbly entertained. Anyway, I am excited to share this find at 626 Food Corner at Wisma Nation Horizon at Petanak. It's at the block right behind 7-11.

Stir-fried Zao Cai Fen Gan (糟菜粉干), RM6.00
Fragrant, smoky, sour, not too greasy, absolutely delicious!

Seafood Zao Cai Fen Gan (糟菜粉干), RM9.00
There're fish slices, prawns, pork, black fungus and surimi crab sticks in the very thick and sour broth. Absolutely yummy. :))

 Stir-fried Kueh Tiaw, RM5.00
Well-fried, but not as aromatic as it could have been ... 

 Chicken Soup Mee Suah, RM5.00
The soup is fantastic! Thick and flavourful and aromatic because of the generous use of red rice wine. Only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays. 

A whole group of us visited this coffee shop one morning upon the recommendation of a colleague. We found the food to our liking, so we had gone back a few times more after that. Do try it yourself, but be prepared to wait a while because each portion of noodles are stir-fried individually. 

Well, I've been searching for a good bowl of Zao Cai Fen Gan (糟菜粉干) in Kuching, and I think I've found it. :))

3 comments:

  1. the noodles looks good, especially the mee suah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy dishes. Yup. The zao cai hung ngan looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Zao Cai dish was to me, better than Soon Fatt's (also at Petanak) and Mee Kwong's (Ban Hock Road). Go try!!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...