Tuesday, April 18, 2017

ME's Homebaked Cheese Tart

This morning, my friend ME gave me a piece of her Homebaked cheese tart. Hats off to her. I would not have been able to make a cheese tart on my own as of yet. Heh. I thought ME's cheese tart looked really good and I saved it till I could get home and snap a photo of it ....

Looking great eh?

Last year, photos of cheese tarts seemed to be trending on Instagram. At least it seemed that there were always photos of cheese tarts every time I browsed on Instagram. So much so that when I went to Osaka last year, I HAD to have a Pablo or two. On our last night at Osaka, we queued up at the Dotonbori outlet - though it was freezing cold and our teeth were chattering - just to buy ourselves some tarts. I even contemplated bringing some home. Heh. 

Pablo Mini Cheese Tart, ¥200

The Pablo Cheese Tart was freshly-baked and felt hot in my hands. Standing in the frigid winter weather outside the shop, I finished the tart in just 4 bites. Heh. I found the crust to be crispy and buttery, and the filling to be oozing rich and creamy cheese ..... So good! So satisfying! So indulgent! I could understand the craze for it. 

Later on, we read that Pablo was native to Osaka, and had been selling cheese tarts since 2011. The founder was a guy named Masamitsu Sakimoto, who had created the recipe after 6 months of experimentation. Pablo has since opened an outlet at One Utama, KL - I've not eaten the ones here and thus can't comment as to whether the quality is the same as in Japan. 

Nearer to home - there's Hokkaido Cheese Tart at Vivacity and another outlet opening soon at The Spring ... I've not had those too. Perhaps I'd try some upon my next visit to the malls.

Ever since we ate Pablo in Osaka, ME'd been talking about making her own cheese tarts. Heh, she finally did it today! ME's cheese tart used a mixture of cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and heavy cream; while the cheese custard were a bit too hard, the tart was perfectly tasty. I appreciated her effort, for I certainly had no motivation to bake for the time being. :))

2 comments:

  1. there is a Pablo outlet opening soon nearby my workplace (in Putrajaya IOI city mall)...I'm looking forward to try their cheesetart ;-)
    So nice of your friend to share her home-baked tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my friend shared her recipe too and insisted that I try to make some on my own. Haha ... wait till I'm in the mood, I told her. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...