Thursday, April 13, 2017

Serapi Garden

It's April already! How time flies. And how I've been so busy with work lately!

Well, Mr. W is my colleague. He's a really happy-go-lucky guy, and he loves to eat. So it was his birthday the other day ... and we thought we would give him a treat.

Where to go? M, another collague, asked me.

I thought about it .... and finally thought to go try Serapi Garden at Satok. None of us have been there before; and funnily all of us ordered ...

Nasi Kerabu Ayam Percik, RM14.90

And we quite liked the dish; The rice did not come in the traditional blue colour, but rice was well-cooked, soft and fragrant. The rice came topped with aromatic shredded stir-fried coconut, which added texture and flavour to the rice when mixed together. The shredded vegetables and herbs, of course, when eaten with the rice, brought a refreshing dimension to the palate. The chicken too, was well-cooked. A whole chicken thigh was served! The meat was tender and totally infused with flavour of the spices. The strong flavour of the chicken went well with the rice. The sauce was a tad salty .... really, I could do with more rice! In the saucer was shredded dry-fried ginger? Not sure ... I could not remember ... lol ...

But suffice to say that we enjoyed the meal, the service and the ambience that afternoon. So word spreaded around at work ... and we ended up going again another time .... and this time I had ....

Nasi Lemak Sambal Sotong Kering, RM15.90


Basmati rice was used for the rice. Despite that, it wasn't dry at all. It was moist and fragrant too, and I did detect the faint aroma of coconut milk. However, I felt that the portion of the rice was too little to eat with all the condiments on the plate! With strong flavours like sambal and  rendang, one definitely needed MORE rice! Anyway, the sambal was not that remarkable, and I did find the sotong a little too chewy. The chicken rendang, I thought, was well-cooked and flavourful though.

Well, I would normally feel bloated after a heavy meal of nasi lemak. But that day, I did not feel bloated at all .... and I think it was because of the Basmati grains. Less sugar content in the rice! So I liked that a lot.

Not bad a place to eat if you wanted a posh place to hang out .... we would definitely revisit. :))

2 comments:

  1. Serapi recently opened a new outlet at Brighton Square. The Garden by Serapi facing CityOne. Didn't have a chance to try it out yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I haven't been to that outlet yet, so heh ... can't comment, though I suspect the menu would be the same.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...