Friday, May 5, 2017

Hiang Mon Low Beef Noodle

It was a busy, busy week; a new batch of kids just reported for school. It's their orientation week this week and classes will begin proper next week. I have been given charge of a form class this year. There are of them in the class.

Sometimes, we went out to grab a quick lunch before going back to work that afternoon .... and a short drive away was Hiang Mon Low at Satok. My colleagues often come here for the beef noodles ...

Noodles and beef broth, RM5.00
The noodles were very yummy, after being tossed in aromatic oil, and garnished with sliced beef and tripe. A hot bowl of blanched beansprouts in beef broth accompanied the noodles.

I did not feel like having noodles that day ... so I ordered a bowl of soup ...

Beef soup, RM6.00
At the bottom of the bowl were beansprouts, and topped with meat slices and tripe, and doused with hearty beef broth 

The soup tasted good - very vibrant and yet not overpowering; I liked the tripe which was chewy and did not smell. The meat, however, I found to be too dry. Perhaps cause the cut of meat used was too lean. I also liked the sour and spicy chilli sauce that came with the soup. 

Not bad a place to get a quick bite. :))

1 comment:

  1. beef noodles are hard to find in my neighbourhood...I guess not many people like/can eat beef, so the business is not so popular...

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...