Sunday, June 25, 2017

Pek - Kul - Kch Day 8

There were a lot of people at the immigration checkpoints. It took us 45 minutes before we were allowed entry the other day .... but exiting seemed to be easier and faster. We were only in the queue for about 15 minutes. Past the immigration was the security checkpoint ... and there was a jam here. We looked at the people in front of us getting checked ..... and indeed the officials were very thorough. I hadn't plan to remove my powerbank from by backpack but I was asked to. When I walked past the scanner ... my boarding pass was checked and I was allowed to go. Huh? How come I wasn't subjected to a body search like everyone else? Maybe I didn't beep?

Once we got past the immigration and security, we could buy drinks at the shops. My friend W wanted to spend all his RMB before leaving China ... heh .... I had RMB14 of loose change left. But since I did not want sweet drinks, I just filled up my water bottle at the water dispenser's.

Most of us were already sleepy when we reached the departure gate ... I sat around and had my eyes closed. Finally, the announcement came for us to board the plane. I got an aisle seat in the middle row. My friend C the other aisle seat in our row .... between us was an empty seat! Yippee!! We were sure glad to have more space in between us! I closed my eyes as soon as I settled down in the plane .

I was half asleep and half conscious. I knew we were in the plane for a long time and hadn't taken off. By the time the pilot announced for take off, it was already 3.15 a.m. We had been in the plane for more than an hour! The air traffic seemed so heavy at the airport here ....

The crew served our pre-booked meal later on .... not sure of the time ... I declined my meal and went back to sleep. Most of the time, I was drifting in and out of sleep ...

At 6.30 a,m., I peeled my eyes open .... and was glad to see that day had broken. I hadn't exactly had a good sleep, but was just glad that I had rested.

I claimed my pre-booked meal and bought a cup of hot coffee ....

Nasi dagang with chicken curry, and hot coffee 

 The food had sat around for too long; the rice was already soggy. I picked at the sliced chicken breast in the curry and ate some pickles ... and gave up ... 

After the meal service, I tried to sleep a bit more but failed ... and was more than happy when we landed at 9.10 a.m. Yippee! We waited for our luggage .... and then brought them to the departure hall to drop them in for our connecting flight to Kuching at 11.45 a.m.

Meanwhile, we went to Nan Yang Food Garden for some food. My friend C liked to eat here, while the rest of us had't tried this eatery before ...

A big cup of coffee and teh tarik 
Coffee was RM6.50, I loved that it was hot and aromatic. Loved it 

Duck Egg Char Kway Teow, RM17.90
Portion was reasonable for its price .... quite moist, edible but lack of oomph ....

Fried Hokkien Mee, RM17.90
Same as the above; lacked the oomph ....

C ordered ....

BBQ Chicken with wanton noodles ....  

Served with soup  

She said it was her favourite dish here .... I had a taste of the noodles and the soup; they tasted alright - not great, but edible.

CV is a vegetarian .... so he went next door to BMS Organics and ordered Mee Mamak. They refused to deliver the food to him at Nan Yang Food Garden. So he ordered it to takeaway ...

Mee Goreng Mamak ....

The only comment C gave was "spicy". Heh. 

After we ate our fill, we went into the Domestic departure hall, bought some Gardenia bread and went into the gate. What a surprise to bump into Mr. Ng - someone who relieved our colleague when she went away for her maternity leave - who was travelling from HK - KL - Kch. Had a great time catching up with him ..... 

I was so glad to get back home finally .... I showered, told Mom I'd skip dinner, and went to bed. I slept till the next morning .....  Heh ... 

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...