Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 4 : Harbour Town

We decided not to have breakfast at the hotel that morning. Instead, we headed to McDonald's. I already knew that I wanted the Bacon and Egg McMuffin. Gawd, I really missed that! I had it all the time when I was studying in NZ.

Bacon & Egg McMuffin Meal, AUD$6.85
Served with a small cafe latte and a hash brown

Wow, just look at that bacon! Really, the combination of egg, bacon and cheese is just perfect. Yum. It was just as I had remembered it. I enjoyed my muffin lots and I could have a second one too if I wanted. Lol, but I should mind the waistline and not be greedy ............. Well, I did not usually like hash browns, but I did like McDonald's as it was crispy on the outside and yet soft and tasty inside. Yum.

After breakfast, we walked along Swanston Street again. It looked like Swanston was our favourite street. Lol. My friends did a bit of shopping for souvenirs and chocolates. Then, we headed to Flinders Street where we took a ride on the City Circle tram. Trams have been operating for more than 150 years in Melbourne!

The City Circle Tram, Tram no. 35
A historic W-7 class tram which is in full operation

It was a free ride. We took the tram to the Harbour Town Shopping Centre. 




We merely browsed among the shops till about noon. We did not really have much time as we had something else planned in the afternoon. Besides, everything seemed expensive, with the sky-high exchange rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...