Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dinner @ Kent's Garden

Hmn. I like the ambiance and the garden surroundings. The coloured lights and the pond was enticing, but I think the food could have been better ...

 Dragon Lime Juice, RM5.00

Kedondong juice
Hmn .... this glass was my friend's. I wanted mine at room temperature without ice, but mine was actually served warm. Hence, it felt a little bit weird. I mean, has anyone ever drunk warm fruit juice? Anyway, I'm not sure of the price as this drink was not listed in the menu. It was some sort of a special on that day.

 Garden salad. RM5.90
The salad was sprinkled with peanuts, but the dressing did not make much of an impression

Penang Fried Kueh Tiaw, RM7.90
I had a bit of this and found it to be lacking the "wok hei" ... Maybe it was just me, because some of my friends liked the dish.


Siam Bee Hoon, RM8.90
This is Bee Hoon stir-fried in Tom Yum paste ... a bit tangy ... I did not like it but two of my friends did. I had a mere two forkfuls and shoved the plate away so that they could have their fill. Otherwise, the noodles would just go to waste.

Penang Assam Laksa, RM7.90
Hmn ... the taste was there, but I found the gravy to be too diluted. Plus, they used the fine vermicelli, so that was a no-no for me.
Lamb Chop, RM19.90
The lamb was probably the only item which I enjoyed as it was tender and rather tasty. My complaint would be the miserable amount of fries and coleslaw on the side, which made the whole platter seemed pathetic. And at RM19.90, I think it was rather pricey, no?

Hmn ... I hope the food would indeed get better here, as it is really an enjoyable place to have a meal at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...