Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kolo Mee @ Yong Kwang

Guess what? I haven't eaten kolo mee since last December! Yes, I am on a diet, and kolo mee is a no-no for me. I wanted to "break" my fast today with a good bowl of kolo mee. At Kenyalang market, I like to patronise "Young Kee". Mom calls the vendor "Man Wearing Glasses" because duh, he wears glasses. I like his noodles because they are very "Q" and I am very accustomed to its taste, probably because I grew up eating his kolo mee.

Today, however, I am very disappointed because he is closed! Darn. Mom suggests that I go to either Noodle Expert or Yong Kwang. I decide to try Yong Kwang since I seldom eat the kolo mee there as compared to Noodle Expert.

 
 Yong Kwang has been here for many years ... This coffee shop is famous for its kopi, bao and kolo mee.

Kolo Mee, RM3.00
 The noodle looks a bit dry, but actually, you've got to moisten it with the sauces and flavouring and oils at the bottom of the bowl. It is garnished with Char Siu, fish cake slices, a meat ball, a slice of liver, and a sprinkle of spring onions and deep-fried garlic and shallots. Hmn ... where is the minced pork? Lol ... I like minced pork in my kolo mee ... Taste wise, the kolo mee is alright. It's got the right flavours - fragrant and enticing. I ate a spoonful, followed by a second spoonful ... 

Mom ordered 4 packets for Bro ...


And he is eagerly waiting for it in KL, airflown all the way from Kuching ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...