Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dinner @ Thian Ho

Business is good at Thian Ho @ Pujut Corner during dinner time. We went there at 6.00 p.m., and while we sat waiting for our orders, the place filled up with hungry patrons. Before long, it was a full house.

 Wanton Soup
I wanted something hot and soupy and hence, I ordered a Wanton Soup. The soup was clear and bland, so a tablespoon of light soy sauce which I added made it tastier. The filling for the wantons were rather miserable but I liked the crunchy vegetables to eat with the dumplings.

Hokkien Mee
The noodles were smooth, the soy gravy was thick and packed with the distinctive flavour of lard. Bits of pork rind crackling in there for extra oomph. I found it a bit overpowering, though.

Stir-fried Kueh Tiaw in Egg Sauce
After I added a tablespoon of vinegar, a tablespoon of pickled chilli slices, and a bit of light soy sauce, I ate this with relish! Loved it. 

The thing about eating here is that the orders do not arrive at the same time. My friend had almost finished her noodles but mine showed no sign of being served. I had to remind them of my order again, and this is not the first time it has been like this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...