Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 8 : Mel - Kul

I would have loved to linger in the comfort of the motel room, but we had a flight to catch. We were going home! Flight D7 215 was scheduled to fly out of Melbourne at 9.35 a.m.

We reached the airport at about 7.15 a.m., and found that there were two long queues at the check-in counters. One was the normal queue and the other a web check-in queue. And to our horror, there was no self check-in kiosk. But I'd checked in with my mobile way before the trip, so I joined the web check-in queue.

The check-in process itself was a jiffy. First my back pack was weighed and I was given a tag to be attached to it. Then my luggage was weighed and I was asked a few standard questions. I.e. did I pack my own bag and was I bringing anything for anyone, etc. Then I asked for an aisle seat, and the lady was very obliging. I think if I were at LCCT, I would be asked to pay! But her in Melbourne, this kind lady did her best to give me an aisle seat, FOC.

We went to McDonald's for breakfast for the last time. I had the Boston Deli Bagel.

 Boston Deli Bagel
There was bacon, egg, tomato slices and seasoned avocado on a toasted bagel.
It was an interesting combination, something that I had not tried before.

After breakfast, we went into the departure hall and before long, we boarded the plane. I was so pleased to find that 35D was a great seat. It was right behind the hot seat. I shared the row of 3 seats with an Ah Beng. It's just a normal seat but it feels like I had a lot of space, with an empty seat beside me and an unobstructed view in front of me. I pretty much enjoyed the flight lots, because of the spaciousness.

Lunch was a pre-booked International meal. I had chicken lasagne.
 
Chicken Lasagne

It did not look like much but it was rather tasty and I finished the whole lot. Lol. Perhaps I just had a voracious appetite! Anyway, the rest of the flight was rather pleasant, and before I knew it, we'd landed at LCCT! And 5 minutes ahead of time too! And that brought to an end, my short holiday in Melbourne and Tasmania.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...