Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mr. Ho's Fine Foods

Hmn. We flipped the menu, undecided about what to order. Then came the Captain, and he said he would put together the house specialties so we would get to sample different types of food.

Actually, he was trying to be helpful, but I could tell that my friend was annoyed. I think she preferred to take the time to select the orders, though she conceded.

We had ... 

Warm Bacon and Walnut Salad, RM22.90
A light salad with balsamic dressing, the walnuts and bacons crunchy and complementing the crispy coral lettuce and sweet cherry tomatoes. The cheese cubes added character to the whole dish.

Mussels in Chilli Cream Sauce, RM18.90
My favourite dish of the evening, as the mussels were coated in a superbly rich and creamy, yet spicy sauce. Break a bit of the toasted bread on the side and dip it into the sauce. DIVINE!

Assorted Sliced Sauteed Sausages, RM18.90
2 types of sausages noted here, and sauteed with onions.

Spaghetti Aglio Oglio With Chilli Flakes, RM16.90
This is a basically spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chilli flakes. And it is surprisingly tasty. There were some crispy bits of crunchy pork rind in there. It provided a rich flavour. Yum.

Crispy Roast Pork With Apple Sauce, RM19.90
The pork slices were tender, but I would have liked it to be a bit more salty. My friend liked the Apple Sauce, which did taste prominently of apples. But I'd be happier with mustard, or maybe a chilli sauce :)). I suppose apple sauce is more refined, compared to mustard or chilli ...

Bread Pudding
Hmn ... quite yum, actually ... delectably sweet and tasted great with the vanilla ice-cream

And washed down with ...

 
Apple Juice
Sweet and tangy and refreshing, but it oxidised and turned an ugly brown within 5 minutes.

I enjoyed the meal, but I'm not so sure about my friends ....... and I'm not sure they'd decide to return .... hmn .......... Wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...